Monday, December 19, 2011

Suffering and Rejoicing

"...genuine, yet regarded as imposters;  known, yet regarded as unknown;   dying, and yet we live on;    beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful,    yet always rejoicing;    poor, yet making many rich; having nothing,   and yet possessing everything.  2 Cor. 6:8-11 
Why was this Jesus's followers' attitude?
because they had encountered GOD.

The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Gal.2:20

Have you encountered God?
If you knew how much God loved you, you would
FALL on your knees
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Gal.6:14

"...perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. All this is evidence that God's judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering." 1 Thess.1:4

"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ- the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings,..."Phil.3 :7

No comments:

Post a Comment