Monday, December 19, 2011

Jesus got to pick his own parents

Jesus got to pick his own parents.

Ever realized that?

Who did he choose?
For his mother,
 he choose a believing young Jewish girl.  She was hopeful of the promised savior to come. She was God fearing, obedient, and humble. She praised God.
I believe his father was God revering as well and was a loving father.

Wouldn't you choose these kind of parents for yourself?

Wouldn't you want these kind of parents for your children?

We all love our children and we all fall short of, always being for them, the parents they need.

Take me for example.   I have not always given my children the love they have needed from me, in the ways that they have each needed it. I was too busy tending my own needs and selfish desires, instead of letting God love and comfort me.
I have always loved each of my four children (I admire each one also). I know that I should have shared more of my heart and self.
True love is action.   
 During a season in my life, it seemed that I had no love to give them. If I had chosen to trust and obey God, then His love, power and wisdom could have opened my eyes to see and heart to give his perfect love thru me.
That's why I started this Blog site. Not to glorify me, but to Glorify the only one worthy of Glory.
Today I try to live moment by moment in step with His spirit,
so that His Love and wisdom can live out thru me.
It is a surrendered life.
It is worth it.              This life on earth is not very long.
How we live here will matter in eternity.
Humankind is selfish and needs Jesus.

Of course Mary and Joseph weren't perfect. They needed Jesus too.
If we have Jesus in our life, as our savior then we have His Love, peace, patience, joy, self control, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,and gentleness. These are fruits of the spirit.
(Gal.5:22)
"Since we live by the spirit, let us keep in step with the spirit."(Gal.5:25)
Keeping in step with the Spirit as we walk through life- means moment by moment giving up, surrendering, our desires for God's desire for us.
This isn't easy. It gets easier the more you do it, and eventually you will want to moment by moment, choose God's ways over your own desires.    More of God, less of me.
  He must increase, I must decrease (John chapter 3).
Go with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment