Thursday, September 22, 2011

Celebrating God

My last post explained reasons why i choose the name 'Heather Has Hope' for my Blog. Soon i will be posting some excerpts from the not only unfinished, but probably, never to be finished, book i attempted to write last winter.
This isn't negativity nor is it self esteem issues.
It is just a factual realization that i don't have a desire to finish it, nor a leading of God's Spirit.
 Instead, i have a desire and leading of God's Spirit to Post on my Blog! Hence the new blog idea.


I had decided to enter a book writing contest last Oct. (2010). It was an exciting adventure, as I'd never written a book before. Other reasons for my excitement were: 
#1. God's apparent leading
#2 There was a time-frame (great for procrastinators)
#3 The time-frame was short ( a book could possibly get written soon!) (don't know why parts are highlighted; tryed to undo) (i had 3 months to submit it to the contest)
#4 i'm an artistic type (altho i haven't allowed myself to spend much time pursuing art or creative outlets since college days).It was good for me to attempt the contest, because: 
#1 i believe i was being obedient to God's purposes for me at the time.
#2 Creative writing produces contentment and Joy in me.
#3 It is good to have records of God's working in our lives.
#4 It is good to contemplate where we've been, what and how we've learned and grown in obedience and trust in God.
#5 Imagining smiles and laughter gives me Joy.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment